[ros-kernel] Makefile changes

Eric Kohl eric.kohl at t-online.de
Sat Apr 17 11:19:56 CEST 2004

Hi!

I noticed that some changes were made to the reactos makefiles which were
not discussed on the mailing list. I do not agree with these changes because
they remove the ability to build single components. For example 'make
sscsiport' to build the scsiport driver does not work any more. Now we can
only run 'make driver' to build all drivers at once. This can be a very
annoying situation because there might be the need to build a single driver
while leaving the other drivers untouched. This is a very common situation
when driver stacks are being developed.

Another point I'd like to address is the fact that there was no announcement
of such an important change to the build system. At least it was not
mentioned on the mailing list. Please discuss such things _before_ you make
such changes _and_ make sure _everone_ and read and comment your
suggestions. IRC is _not_ the right way to do this because there are
developers who don't or can't use it. The mailing list should be the only
way to discuss _important_ and _global_ changes.

Regards,
Eric