[ros-kernel] CVS regressions and checkin system idea - DistributedRegression Testing

Mark IJbema mark at ijbema.xs4all.nl
Sun Apr 18 13:35:58 CEST 2004

On Sat, Apr 17, 2004 at 12:19:32PM +0200, Casper Hornstrup wrote:
> It has two CPUs, so if anyone knows how to fix our build system so that we
> can use make -j2, then it will be able to use them both, nearly doubling the
> speed of the integration process.

-j3 or -j5 rather if i may believe the make manuals. But the reason that
this doesn't work is that dependencies aren't properly made in the
makefile. I've tried using make -j3 myself as well, but one of the
problems is that the reactos toolset (the little tools to make
directories, remove files etc) may not been fully build before the other
files are build. If this all works i want to try compile reactos with
distcc as well (at the university we have 40 similar pc's, running
debian testing, so it should work I guess).

Mark