[ros-kernel] Microsoft Give-Away

Rick Parrish rfmobile at swbell.net
Mon Apr 19 18:44:44 CEST 2004

KJK::Hyperion wrote:

> the only penalty they can legally inflict if you run their stuff on
> ReactOS or Wine is to deny you support. Do we have a lawyer available
> that could translate my common sense in hard facts (or not)?

Hyper-man;

Hey, it's their code. If you or I use it, we should honor the license -
just like we expect users of ReactOS to honor the ReactOS license. I can
think of a lot of reasons for NOT using the M$ toolset, most notably the
same one that led to the formation of this project.

Bottom-line - the decision to use the M$ or any other toolset is a
choice for the persons and companies producing applications targeted for
use on ReactOS. Let them wrestle with any issues - legal and technical -
therein.

-rick