[ros-kernel] Microsoft Give-Away

KJK::Hyperion noog at libero.it
Tue Apr 20 02:17:58 CEST 2004

At 00.44 20/04/2004, you wrote:
>Hey, it's their code. If you or I use it, we should honor the license -
>just like we expect users of ReactOS to honor the ReactOS license.

The ReactOS license is a redistribution license. The GPL is usually written
in a file called "COPYING", not "USING", have you ever considered it? It
grants you unrestricted use of what basically is a *tool*. In fact, I don't
think anyone can dictate how to use the stuff they sell, be it a tool or a
consumable. All the counterexamples that occur to me see governments or
equivalent powers involved

And it's not their code. Nobody cares about their code in this instance

>Bottom-line - the decision to use the M$ or any other toolset is a choice
>for the persons and companies producing applications targeted for use on
>ReactOS

I agree. Their choice, their responsibility to face the consequences