[ros-kernel] Microsoft Give-Away

Stephen Hodges theteofscuba at hotmail.com
Tue Apr 20 19:31:10 CEST 2004

That is a good point. We don't need ReactOS to be licensed under anything. The BSD license is just a waste of time. The GPL is almost a waste of time, except that it wants you to say the magic word "GPL". That's the major difference. I don't think forcing users to say GPL is going to make it any better or worse.

1. Retain copyright information including authors
2. Tell everyone about GPL
3. Do whatever you want as long as it doesn't break rules 1 and 2.

That would be more reasonable, and much easier to understand. The warranty crap is useless, unless you want to sell it. Besides, computer programs don't break like appliances on their own. so even if you did sell it, they don't break on their own, which isn't even your fault. That is never covered under warranty.