[ros-kernel] Microsoft Give-Away

Lorenzo garbage at loz.it
Wed Apr 21 11:04:49 CEST 2004

Mike Nordell wrote:

> Some people have learned by experience or, simply by being humble, that when
> they don't know an area enough it might be wise to seek the advice of the
> more experienced before implying what you just did...

Dear Mike, if do you respond always so aggressively and in a so bad-mannered
way I would like to advise you to attend a yoga course or something else to
improve your self control and civility.

> 2. Anyone obeying the license of the software is, which should be obvious
> had you studied the GPL, free to fork, change name, package, distribute, and
> make however much money they think can be made from a 0.2.x version of any
> GPL licensed software.

By the way, the GPL don't allow you to change the code and sell it in a
binary-only way. So, it's actually a restriction. What I just tried to tell,
if do you allow me to have a personal opinion, is that such kind of
restriction is not necessarily a bad thing, in the GPL case it protects the
work of the community that has developed the source code. I wrote that just
because someone was angered with Microsoft for the restrictions of the EULA.