[ros-kernel] Different Hardware Architectures

mccall at h2o.demon.co.uk mccall at h2o.demon.co.uk
Wed Apr 21 14:46:00 CEST 2004

Hi Folks,

I am very interested in the ReactOS project, and I have followed the project for a while, checking out the web site a few times a week.

I currently have a few different Macintosh PowerPC machines so I am unable to run the OS at the moment, but I was wondering wondering how portable the ReactOS kernel is to different hardware architectures?

I know that there may not be much of a demand for ReactOS on PPC machines, but it may be fun to help out, and keeping a different architecture in the build process could also help keep the kernel in good shape for porting to other architectures on the future, much as Apple does with its Darwin kernel.

Has the kernel been written with multiple architectures in mind?  Is anyone else interested in getting ReactOS running on PPC machines?  I would be intrested in donating hardware if there are any other developers interested, I probably could get quite a few PPC Macintoshes for people if needed - they are really cheap on eBay!

Thanks,

Andrew McCall