[ros-kernel] Different Hardware Architectures

Eric Kohl eric.kohl at t-online.de
Thu Apr 22 02:07:33 CEST 2004

<mccall at h2o.demon.co.uk> wrote:

> > So if you can get MingW to spit out correct PPC code, then the battle is
> > already half won.
>
> Can you not just use gcc under Linux on PPC to compile the code?

You also need to implement PE support to ld and probably as and others.
These features were implemented in older version of gcc and binutils but
they were heavily broken. They have been removed in recent versions due to
the bit rot.

We'd need a PPC expert to reimplement the missing support.

PS: I'd be very happy if I could use MinGW to build Win32 apps for my IBM
RS/6000 but I don't have the PPC assembly language skills to get it working.

Regards,
Eric