[ros-kernel] Different Hardware Architectures

Mark IJbema mark at ijbema.xs4all.nl
Thu Apr 22 01:04:54 CEST 2004

On Wed, Apr 21, 2004 at 11:16:20PM +0200, Jakob Eriksson wrote:
> Rick Parrish wrote:
>
> >mccall at h2o.demon.co.uk wrote:
> >
> >>I know that there may not be much of a demand for ReactOS on PPC
> >>machines, but it may be fun to help out, and keeping a different
> >>architecture in the build process could also help keep the kernel in
> >>good shape for porting to other architectures on the future
> >>
> >It would be a major coup to see ReactOS run on any platform not
> >supported by M$.
> >

> [Dreaming mode on]
>
> And then add an emulator like qemu and run Intel Windows binaries...
>
> [/Dreaming]

Actually, if the run-programs-only-and-not-complete-os-es part of qemu
will be ported to windows as well qemu could be easily used for this
purpose. I guess this shouldn't be too hard, though there are some
people on this list who are more into qemu who can probably better
estimate how much effort it would be

Mark