[ros-kernel] Re: [ros-cvs] CVS Update: reactos

James Tabor jimtabor at adsl-64-217-116-74.dsl.hstntx.swbell.net
Thu Apr 22 11:29:38 CEST 2004

Hi,
Hartmut Birr wrote:
> CVSROOT:	/CVS/ReactOS
> Module name:	reactos
> Repository:	reactos/include/msvcrt/
> Changes by:	hbirr at mok.osexperts.com	04/04/21 14:40:44
>
> Modified files:
> 	reactos/lib/msvcrt/stdio/: fflush.c filbuf.c flsbuf.c fwrite.c
> 	                           putchar.c setvbuf.c stdhnd.c
> 	reactos/include/msvcrt/: stdio.h
>
> Log message:
> 	- Made some flags for the flag value from the FILE structure compatible with the mingw headers.
> 	- Use _IO_LBF instead of _IOLBF, because _IOSTRG and _IOLBF has the same value.

Not sure what happen, when I type "c:\ReactOS>path %path%;C:\mingw\bin" than type
gcc -v, I get nothing. I'm using gcc version 3.3.1 (mingw special 20030804-1).
I only copied msvcrt.dll to the reactos/system32 directory, should I do a full install?

So far, I have been able to compile ros on ros for over a month now. It's a good
test tool. I had ros up for two days w/o any problems. Running make clean and make,
on the hard drive and 750M zip drive with three consoles running in Ros Explorer all
at the same time. The zip drive was slower. Note: Make sure you turn off DMA support
for your zip drive. I found out my 750 boots up with DMA on. I had to go in bios and
turn it off. My old 100M works okay.

Making Ros work it's a$$ off,
James