[ros-kernel] Different Hardware Architectures

Rick Parrish rfmobile at swbell.net
Fri Apr 23 10:48:50 CEST 2004

Waldo Alvarez Cañizares wrote:

> To see what? The operating system itself running with no applications.
> I prefer to see the machine turned off :).

It's a technical accomplishment ... sort of like climbing Mount Everest
or putting a man on the moon (or Mars). You can debate the social and
economic benefits of such an undertaking but in terms of pure bragging
rights, I think such an accomplishment would put M$ to shame.

As for applications ... I'm sure there's a few that would port over. If
you're pointing out the low return on investment, then yes, I think you
are right. However, it only takes one or two persons that ... for
whatever reason ... very much want or need ReactOS to run on some
alternative platform and are willing to put forth the effort.

-rick