[ros-kernel] Roadmap - 6 months after...

Mike Nordell tamlin at algonet.se
Fri Apr 30 18:28:39 CEST 2004

Steven Edwards wrote:

> I have a Diamond Fireport 40 SCSI controler that uses the Sym-Logic
> chipset. This chipset is a really common SCSI card so we should get it
> working soon too.

I didn't know they'd started splitting this into chip-_sets_. :-)

AFAIK this is the Symbios Logic LSI 53C875 (also known as NCR 53C875) HBA.
Not only is there driver code (for e.g. Linux I believe) to draw experience
from, Symbios (now LSI Logic: http://www.lsilogic.com) have at least
previously been very good at providing easy accessible specifications, and
even sample code. IIRC they used to have a rather extensive FTP site while
they were symlogic.com. Perhaps lsilogic is as good?

Just for kicks, I did check and... Well, for anyone interested, I believe
the following document from their LSI8751SPE page is about what's needed
(watch the wrapping):

http://www.lsilogic.com/files/docs/techdocs/storage_stand_prod/SCSIControlle
rs/875_4_2.pdf

If every vendor was as good documenting its hardware as these guys, life
would almost be good.

/Mike