[ros-kernel] Re: Can't Load FLoppy Driver.

James Tabor jimtabor at adsl-64-217-116-74.dsl.hstntx.swbell.net
Thu Aug 5 13:28:20 CEST 2004

James Tabor wrote:

> How do I load freeloader from linux to the fat32 dos partition, with dos
> loaded on it not w2k or xp?
>
> Ros can compile it, but it can not install it. The cd installer doesn't
> work
> with my system too. I have hda1 as fat32, hda2->hda5 as Extended->fat32
> and hda3 Linux native.

Well, it looks like I have to answer my own question. B^|

I had to make a FreeDOS boot disk that support fat32 (not bad). To load the
modified fat32.bin to my C drive. I used the well tried and true debug command.
Loaded sector zero and the last half into sector 14 (0xeh). Not to bad, Linux
recognizes the drive and so does the boot floppy. Now I have Freeloader on my
RosBox.

We should make a linux executable program to help load FLdr from linux. I guess
I can write one up, I written a util before that could fix boot sector problem.

Every thing work for floppy access now, thanks for the tip.
James

ps. the setupldr need more work, it doesn't recognize linux partitions.marked with
0x83 for the type.