[ros-kernel] Stack Underflow in memory manager (regression)

Hartmut Birr hartmut.birr at gmx.de
Fri Aug 27 12:55:59 CEST 2004

Hi,

it is not a problem of the vfat driver. It is a page fault which becomes
recursive because the pde for the KTHREAD structure is not established for
the attached process. The first page fault occurs in HalpLowerIrql where
ApcState.KernelApcPending is accessed. The next and all other faults occurs
in KiTrapProlog where KTHREAD_PREVIOUS_MODE is accessed. KeAttachProcess
must establish the pde's for the stack and the thread structure.

- Hartmut