[ros-kernel] How to get started writing ReactOS drivers

Mike Nordell tamlin at algonet.se
Sun Feb 8 18:18:48 CET 2004

Vizzini wrote:

> What is the right way to lock these drivers into memory, then?

Not sure if it's this level the question refers to, but PE sections have a
"not paged" flag that is used for just this purpose (bit 27 I think). Using
MS tools, "dumpbin /headers" on an existing windows driver, e.g. atapi.sys
displays this (and using the MSVC linker this bit is set with
"/section:name,P").

On a (ROS kernel-) code level I believe you're on the right track with:

> I guess we could call MmLockPageable[Code|Data]Section, although
> I've never looked into it.

/Mike