[ros-kernel] Hey guys...

Mark IJbema mark at ijbema.xs4all.nl
Tue Feb 10 22:15:45 CET 2004

On Tue, Feb 10, 2004 at 04:04:37PM -0500, Nate DeSimone wrote:
[MS Fonts]
>    But I agree that these fonts should be optional for users.  Perhaps
> a good compromise for those that want them in the main ReactOS
> distribution and those that want them as a separate download would be to
> add code to the installer to ask if the user wants to install the fonts,
> and if he chooses yes, the installer downloads a font installer from the
> ReactOS website (thus the fonts are not included in the main
> distribution), and then runs it, which then displays the EULA, and
> installs the fonts should the user choose I Agree.  This allows for near
> painless installation of the fonts (which is what I think the people who
> want it in the main distribution really care about,) and at the same
> time it does not require the fonts be in the main distribution, so
> everyone is happy.  Of course for this to work, ReactOS has to have
> working networking features, so this would be a project for later.

We had a discussion about this on irc as well, and the consensus is to
do it the same way debian does it, with a non-free section. This can be
distributed through some online-reactos-update service, as well as on a
second cd-rom (i do feel it's needed to strongly seperate non-free from
free though, even though they would easily fit on one cd).

Mark