[ros-kernel] ReactOS 0.2.1 Enters Feature Freeze

Vizzini vizzini at plasmic.com
Sun Feb 15 21:19:27 CET 2004

All,

ReactOS 0.2.1 is now in feature freeze.  I have branched CVS with the
tag 'ros-branch-0_2_1'.  Instructions on how to update to the branch, as
well as the timeline we hope to follow, are at
http://plasmic.com/~vizzini/release.html.

As a reminder, feature freeze means that we will no longer be accepting
commits of significant new functionality on the release branch.  Please
treat the next week as open season on any bugs that are currently in the
release branch.

At this time, I'd also like to ask the release engineer (Nick, I
believe, unless someone else is taking over this time?) to put out a
build of reactos-0.2.1rc1 in the usual places, so our testers can get
busy.

Testers:  please focus your testing work on the branch, or on the
release candidate, once it is out.  Please file bugs in bugzilla.  If
you encounter a bug that you believe to be a release-stopper, please
mail ros-kernel at reactos.com with a report, in addition to entering a bug
in bugzilla.

Note that developers who do not wish to contribute to the 0.2.1 release
need not do anything different with CVS; you may continue to commit to
HEAD as usual.

Let me know if there are any questions.

 -Vizzini