[ros-kernel] Subversion

Martin Fuchs martin-fuchs at gmx.net
Fri Feb 27 12:08:50 CET 2004

> Since Subversion 1.0 has been released I'm wondering if there are any
> intentions to maybe move to subversion in the near future. It's got some
> nice features that could be useful.

I also played with the thought of switching to subversion some time ago.
Do you know the current status of the cvs2svn converter script?
Last time I tried it, it had problems to correctly import CVS branches into
the subversion repository.
I also had the impression, subversion is (or at least was) much slower than
CVS and uses a lot more bandwith in the communivcation to the server.
However if this problems are gone, I would also vote for switching to
subversion - it's considered to be the successor of CVS.

Regards,

   Martin

--
Martin Fuchs