[ros-kernel] Let's kill BOOT.BAT

Vizzini vizzini at plasmic.com
Fri Feb 27 11:53:38 CET 2004

On Fri, 2004-02-27 at 10:13, Shadow Flare wrote:
> >If some people still use it i think we should keep it. Why not let it
> >start with a lots of echo's with a major warning that use of boot.bat is
> >unsupported and known to caus problems, and then a pause ('press any key
> >to continue')?
> >
> I think Mark's idea is a good one.  Just keep loadros, boot.bat, and
> aboot.bat and just add in a warning in boot.bat and aboot.bat.  Maybe at the
> end of the warning it could say something like "Press Ctrl+C to cancel
> done rather than removing it.

The problem is that loadros doesn't set up some critical boot
information that the OS will soon become dependant on.  Freeldr is the
future; better that we accept it now and move forward.  I'm sure not
interested in fielding support questions about loadros, nor am I
interested in coding on it.

 -Vizzini