[ros-kernel] Re: icons

Martin Fuchs martin-fuchs at gmx.net
Thu Jan 1 11:38:06 CET 2004

Hello and a happy new year,

> Hi Paulo
>
> Thanks for the keyboard contribution!
>
> About Everaldo: this is great!! I'll contact him directly.
> Do we have a list of the required icons for explorer.exe?
>
> Cheers
> Jason

Well, MS shell32.dll contains hundrets of icons. Howewer most of them
are not directly used by the OS. They are there for the user to choose
for his own shortcuts, as I understand it.

Wine's shell32 code currently needs and contains only six icons.
If you find some matching icons, they could be integrated into Explorer's
start menu root. They should be 16x16 (optionally also 32x32) pixels
in size, and contain at least a image with no more then 216 colors.
If you ask me, they also should contain an image in 24 bit color format
with alpha channel to provide nice looking transparency. (like on XP)

Regards,

   Martin