[ros-kernel] Re: Portuguese-Standard keyboard and others more

art yerkes ayerkes at speakeasy.net
Thu Jan 1 14:34:36 CET 2004

ReactOS currently implements a compatible keyboard layout format to the
Windows 2000(r) one, which requires more information (such as keycaps
names and VK conversions) than these simpler layouts provide.

I'd recommend contacting Mark Ijbema to help with the conversion project
he has underway.  There is definately work still to be done in this area.

If you'd like to have a look at the current layouts, they are in
lib/kbdus, lib/kbdfr, etc in the reactos source.  Although this format
is a bit complicated, it has the advantage that it's compatible, and
fairly easy to load from the win32 kernel mode part.
--
"Should array indices start at 0 or 1? My compromise of 0.5 was rejected
 without, I thought, proper consideration."