[ros-kernel] shell32 icons

Filip Navara xnavara at volny.cz
Fri Jan 2 00:56:11 CET 2004

Lorenzo wrote:

>A real implementation of shell32.dll should have the icons at 16x16, 32x32,
>48x48 sizes, at 4, 8, 24 and 24+alpha bpp. 128x128 is not a Windows standard
>size.

Color depth of 24 bits without an alpha channel is surely not a
standard. I agree with the rest.

>>BTW, I would vote leave only the 16x16 and 32x32 versions with 16 and
>>256 colors.
>>

>Why?

Because there is no need for more currently. Basicly both Wine & ReactOS
doesn't support more then 256 colors in icons (yet). (To be more
specific I'm not sure if Wine supports such icons. but it doesn't
support alpha channels in list view controls so you wouldn't see it
either). And now you can ask why not 48x48....

Filip