[ros-kernel] $$$ Bountys on ReactOS development - 0.2 Relase

Steven Edwards steven_ed4153 at yahoo.com
Fri Jan 9 17:32:24 CET 2004

Hello All,
I want to get everyones feedback on this before we move forward. I am
interested in setting up a donation system on ReactOS.com and .org to
fund bountys on parts of ReactOS that none of our developers are
interested in developing. I am thinking like network card drivers,
parts of TCP/IP, and the security sub-system. I want to move the idea
of the ReactOS Foundation forward and currently it looks like the only
way we are going to get any support comming in is with this sort of
system. I have some people helping me on grants and such but thats
going to take quite a while.

Here is how the system would work.

1. Donations on ReactOS.com of $5 or more recive a CD with "ReactOS
Preview" Version 0.2
2. Bugs are created in Bugzilla for parts of ReactOS that are nasty and
no-one wants to work on.
3. ReactOS project members vote on the bug and a bounty is issued for
like $250 to $500 US.
4. Once a developer submitted code to address the issue ?Vizzini?, ?Ge?
and ?Eric? and ????? would review and merge. A check would then be cut
to the lucky developer.

Please I want to hear your feedback and I am sorry for cross-posting to
all of the lists.

Thanks
Steven