[ros-kernel] Re: Enhanced error messages

KJK::Hyperion noog at libero.it
Sun Jan 11 03:47:15 CET 2004

At 11.12 06/01/2004, you wrote:
>Of course this is a very simple example - your application tries to open a
>file explicitly, and can print its name in the error message. There may be
>more complex scenarios when calling other functions that create file names
>internally and then pass them to CreateFile().

I agree. This definitely sells it for me. Counter-example to support
Martin: try, on Windows 2000 or earlier, to terminate SMSS and then debug a
program (yes, I have a *bottomless* bag of sick Windows tricks). The
debugger will fail with an error of "File not found" - and you'll go, like,
"huh?". Now, if the message was in the lines of "Object "\DbgUiApiPort" not
found", you'd go more like "oooh!" and "aaah!". Understand?