[ros-kernel] $$$ Bountys on ReactOS development - 0.2 Relase

William Boyle wab23 at drexel.edu
Mon Jan 12 15:56:55 CET 2004

  I'm a little late in my response to this, but why cant you guys just
let the people who donate the money vote on where they want the money
to go towards?  You guys can vote on which bugs can be voted on, and
maybe add a few other tasks that you probably wouldnt see under bugs
(such as supporting applications in the control panel or screensavers).
 The more people that donate towards that item, the higher the reward
will be.
  Obviously everyone will be voting for unreasonable things like full
DirectX9 support, so I think it should be you guys determining what
task is possible in the short term, and make it clear to the user what
long term goals (that THEY would care about) this task is critical for.
 And the list needs to be kept up to date so that users dont put their
money towards tasks completed a week prior.
  By having the developers determine the rewards, there will be
infighting by some who will try to bump up the price on tasks they feel
they can easily complete or are already working on.  Its a clear
conflict of interests.  Also, how do you plan on that $5 breaking up?
I dont see much left after the CD cost and the S&H.  Who is going to
want to burn and ship 5 CD's a day?  The CD isnt really worth it since
the size of the distribution is so small that most people will just
download it.  Perhaps make things just a donation center with an option
to buy a CD for an additional $5?  At least then the poor guy shipping
the things gets $5 for his efforts (which is only like $2 per CD for
the 15-20 min he'll have to spend burning/shipping).

Sorry I'm so longwinded.

Bill