[ros-kernel] Feature freeze for 0.2

Eric Kohl ekohl at rz-online.de
Tue Jan 13 17:17:02 CET 2004

"Gge" <gerard.gatineau at laposte.net> wrote:

> The Bug120 is related to the possibility to create shortcuts on Desktop
> or Explorer/Start/Programs.
> This feature is needed to have a Desktop/explorer "usable" , or at least
> to have a workaround to create shortcuts.
> In addition to this , to be able to run GUI  console from Desktop or
> Explorer is needed as well.

Bug 120 is actually a meta-bug because a GUI setup program consists of lots
of different sub-tasks.

My current goal is to make ReactOS User-aware. At least, the following
improvements are mandatory:

Syssetup.dll/userenv.dll:
- Create profile directories (partially done)
- Create and store a Computer-SID (under construction)
- Create and store Admin-SID (TODO)
- Create Admin-Account (TODO)
- Create Admin-Profile (TODO)

Winlogon.exe/userenv.dll:
- Retrieve Admin-SID and create Logon-Token (TODO)
- Load Admin-Profile (TODO)
- Set user-specific environment variables (TODO)
- Start shell (DONE)

Shell32.dll:
- SHGetSpecialFolderPath()/SHGetFolderPath() must be fixed to retrieve
folder loactions from the registry (TODO)

Creating desktop folders and shortcuts is yet another part of the story.

> Of course the delivery of these features may be incompatible with the
> delivery date of Reactos 0.2.0

I think we should drop Bug #120 from the list of ReactOS 0.2.0 requirements
and defer it for 0.2.1.

Regards,
Eric