[ros-kernel] CVSspam

Eric Kohl ekohl at rz-online.de
Wed Jan 14 17:01:15 CET 2004

"Casper Hornstrup" <chorns at users.sourceforge.net> wrote:

> If RSS is what I think it is, it is an xml-based protocol for news.
> Eg. CVS2RSS can be used to send cvs commit log messages (not the patch)
> to a website and thus targets users, not developers. Is this correct
> Jason?

The current commit mails are good enough for me because I am using a
dialup-line.

> CVSspam is targeted at developers, providing the patch so other
> developers can easily review what is committed. I like the color
> coding which the similar WINE tool does not have. I get the feeling
> that Hartmut and Eric are the only developers who takes the time to
> review committed patches.

I review some patches out of pure curiosity. Having a tool like CVSspam will
surely simplify the review-process because it should be a lot easier and
faster than reading a larger patch using CVSWeb. The diff-links in the WINE
commit messages are quite a step into the right direction.

Eric