[ros-kernel] More on 0.2

Steven Edwards steven_ed4153 at yahoo.com
Thu Jan 15 10:33:05 CET 2004

--- Ge van Geldorp <ge at gse.nl> wrote:
> mistake we're unlikely to repeat. In the future we should/will depend
> only on released w32api versions and the problems we had will simply
> not
> exist.

This was my fault. In a rush to try and get OpenOffice and Mozilla
working for 0.2 I imported WINE code in to msvcrt to improve our C++
support. This did help quite a bit but not enough to get it working for
0.2. (Freecell and other apps using the _CxxFrameHandler now work) I
offered to revert my changes untill the next w32api release but the
developers I spoke with were ok with using a w32api snapshot in mid
release. It was a mistake to assume that everyone would be ok with it
after only talking with a few developers on IRC.

Once again depending on CVS w32api all started with my msvcrt changes
and went down hill from there. This was my fault... sorry.. it wont
happen again.

Thanks
Steven