[ros-kernel] ReactOS Internationalization and Localization

Aleksey Bragin aleksey at studiocerebral.com
Tue Jan 20 15:56:35 CET 2004

You're definately right about need of review/etc. Surely for now it isn't so
important, but in the future, especially not applications themselves, but
the documentation.

I worked for MS to provide translation services (MSDN translation to Russian
language) - they really come serious to this problem. They have a general
translation department, and smaller ones for each language. Inside every
language group there is a special dictionary, for various terms (e.g.
'persistancy' or something like this in technical documentation may not
correspond to usual life's translation of persistancy, or e.g. 'thread' has
at least two correct translations into russian language), so all translators
will translate the same.
The process of adding new term into the dictionary is also a little
complicated - some translators should approve given translation.

I guess ROS will need this, but only if it has tons of documentation :-).

With the best regards,
Aleksey Bragin.