[ros-kernel] serial mouse driver patch = NOK

Gge gerard.gatineau at laposte.net
Tue Jan 20 21:44:31 CET 2004

Filip Navara wrote:

> I have applied few changes from the supplied patch. Here is a list of
> what was applied
> - Some of the formating changes (TABs/spaces)
> - Don't set 'Output Line 2' bit while power-uping the mouse during
> initalization
> - Restore 'Line Control' register at the end of mouse detection.
> - Wait only 150000 millisecons (instead of 500000) for mouse power down.
>
> Additionaly I enabled the detecting of mouse on COM2 by default. The
> part of the patch for calling detection on COM1/COM2 port was wrong,
> because there can be two mice on both port. Also removing the
> SERMOUSE_COM[12]_SUPPORT defines isn't recommened yet, because the
> (old) mouse detection routine collide with kernel debugging over
> serial port.
>
> Can the users/developers with serial mouse test it now?
>
> Regards, Filip
>
> P.S. To Logan_V8_TT: I would be very interested if the new version
> works with your mouse or not. If you can, please let me know.

Filip,

I compiled the new sermouse.sys driver and ran it in real hardware..
The serial mouse is connected on COM1 and DebugPort on Com2 ( this is my
current configuration which is working ok)
The debug messages  stopped to be displayed  during the sermouse driver
initialization as indicated in the attached  debug traces
The ros init  however continued upto the Desktop screen .
The mouse  cursor is displayed but is not moving at all .

Note ;  I have not made the test  with the mouse connected to com2
because it is supposed to work on com1 as well

A confirmation is needed from another user/developper .

Best regards
Gerard

DriverBase for \SystemRoot\system32\drivers\serial.sys: cde69000
(dbg/kdb_stabs.c:848) Loading driver
\SystemRoot\system32\drivers\serial.sys sym
bols (driver @ cde69000)
Serial Driver 0.0.2
DriverBase for \SystemRoot\system32\drivers\sermouse.sys: cde7f000
(dbg/kdb_stabs.c:848) Loading driver
\SystemRoot\system32\drivers\sermouse.sys s
ymbols (driver @ cde7f000)
Serial Mouse Driver 0.0.9
Trying to find mouse on COM1
Microsoft Mouse with 3-buttons detected