[ros-kernel] ReactOS Internationalization and Localization

Lorenzo garbage at loz.it
Wed Jan 21 11:41:27 CET 2004

> is perfect italian, ortographically and grammatically, and consistent
> throughout the whole Microsoft world. It just doesn't make the slightest
> sense, sometimes, and you need to reverse-engineer phrases into their
> original English form if you want any hope of understanding them

Hum, I not agree. It's true that sometimes we have some sentences or words
translated with slight sense, but usually the translators made the correct
choices. I never found any other product that has been translated so good in
Italian as Microsoft does (especially Open Source products, often badly and
inconsistently translated).

I could also remember that in the beta 1 of Windows XP there was some major
mistranslations that in the following releases have been resolved
(bug-fixed!). Then, we had to consider that the amount of text to follow
their perfect consistency, which is the most important factor.

> PS: Jason, did you receive that e-mail about a volunteer for Norwegian
> translations? how do I make him an editor?

How could I contribute for the Italian translation?