[ros-kernel] updating ROS

Mark IJbema mark at ijbema.xs4all.nl
Wed Jan 21 14:33:21 CET 2004

On Wed, Jan 21, 2004 at 12:05:52PM +0100, Bj?rn Fischer wrote:
> Casper Hornstrup wrote:
>
> >>Ok, building freeldr and reactos works fine, also the creation of the
> >>bootcd.
> >>I'm afraid when trying to install from the CD, the setup gives me the
> >>error "Cabinet not found" on the screen where it says "Setup prepares
> >>your computer for copying the ReactOS files."
> >>
> >>Any idea about that?
> >>
> >>Greetings
> >>
> >>Bj?rn
> >>

> >This is usually because a file is supposed to go into a cabinet, but it
> >was not found.
> >
> >Look in the last part of the build output of 'mingw32-make bootcd' for
> >where it fails.
> >
> >Casper
> >

> Ok, now that my Cabinet is being built fine I reinstalled ROS. I saw
> that for each installation there is a new entry in the freeldr bootmenu
> (reactos 1, 2,...). Can I somehow tell the installer to overwrite the
> old entry?

I must warn you that installing over an old installation doesn't seem to
have the same effect as a fresh install. Initially i had no problems
with the 0.2-rc1, but when trying to do a fresh install with it it
failed (because of the /./ bug, which caused the iso to be taken of the
site). I'd advise to do a plain install everytime (on a formatted disk)

Mark