[ros-kernel] A few issues with the current state of some ReactOS code

Shadow Flare blakflare at hotmail.com
Thu Jan 22 00:29:41 CET 2004

I performed a cvs checkout of the ReactOS source yesterday, and when I tried
compiling it, I ran into a few problems:

1) A couple of wine dll's has some improperly formatted resource files and
would not compile.  I think they were with comdlg32 and oledlg.

2) Explorer would not compile at all.  I think it failed with some errors
about wstring.  It has been this way for quite some time.

I also have another issue that needs to be taken care of.  When bootvid
loads, it switches to the 640x480 16 color vga mode, but ReactOS's vga code
for that display mode does not work properly on my video card, so everything
gets scrambled on the display.  Is there a way I can disable switching
screen modes and displaying that graphic?

-ShadowFlare