[ros-kernel] Bug #78 patch for 0.2.0 branch?

Ge van Geldorp ge at gse.nl
Thu Jan 22 10:23:16 CET 2004

> From: Eric Kohl
>
> I just had a look at bug #78 and Arty's patch, which is
> attached to the bug report, looks obvious to me. It fixes a
> severe bug in the object manager's reparsing code.
>
> To me it is obvious that the parsing process should restart
> at the object manager's root directory (NameSpaceRoot) rather
> than at the callers current object (RootObject).
>
> Are there any objections against applying this patch to the
> 0.2.0 branch?

I can't comment on the patch, as I have no knowledge of that part of
ReactOS. After applying the patch I still can't browse
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE using regedit though (double-clicking the
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE folder in regedit doesn't expand it). Then I noticed
that in his comment Arty talks about HKLM\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet.

Still, if it's an obvious fix, my vote is yes, let's apply it to 0.2.

Gé van Geldorp.