[ros-kernel] how exactly...?

Ge van Geldorp ge at gse.nl
Thu Jan 22 10:26:57 CET 2004

> From: Richard Campbell
>
> How exactly are the icons in shell32 being generated?  I'd
> like to fix
> the dithering issues, but the problem is the icons don't appear to be
> generated until build time...why not just have them in a res folder
> instead of generating them?

The reason they are generated at build time is because that's the way
Wine does it and we want to maintain source code compatibility with
Wine.

The icons are stored hex-encoded in shres.rc. The tools program bin2res
reads it from here and creates the .ico file.

The advantage of this method is that you don't have to store binary
files in CVS.

Gé van Geldorp.