[ros-kernel] interesting little 'bug'.

Steven Edwards steven_ed4153 at yahoo.com
Sat Jan 24 13:53:02 CET 2004

--- Richard Campbell <eek2121 at comcast.net> wrote:
> so why is the ROS dialog bigger?  btw that is a fixed dialog.  Note
> also
> that the fonts are distorted in the ROS dialog.. (use paint and zoom
> in).  Is this an artifact of freetype or is this maybe an issue with
> ROS?  Anyways, i'm off, never made it to bed last night and i worked
> today.

Doesnt the dialogs still use GetSystemMetrics to define the Window
size? It is possible our SystemParamaters and Metrics are wrong as they
were ported from WINE and hard coded in Win32k.sys. You can try
changing the order of the fonts in Win32k.sys and recompiling and see
if its a differnt size with another font.

My font substituion/detection patch is still a month off at least.

Thanks
Steven