[ros-kernel] NtCurrentTeb()

Jonathan Wilson jonwil at tpgi.com.au
Tue Jan 27 12:06:54 CET 2004

> not all versions of ntdll.dll export it. It can't be done without making
Such as? Which versions dont export it?
> executables built with ReactOS headers incompatible with some versions
> of Windows. An inline, or otherwise statically linked implementation
> will do
Unless someone actually calls NtCurrentTeb then it wont matter how its
imported.

It is my belief that ReactOS should do things 100% the same way as
Microsoft (for example, dlls like ole32 and shell32 and comctl32 and so on
should not rely on internal details of how ReactOS works and for example,
definitions in the ReactOS or w32api header files should match the
definition in the MS header file)

Fact is, if I use NtCurrentTeb in a program compiled with Visual C++ and/or
the Platform SDK, it will also import NtCurrentTeb from ntdll.dll (on x86
anyway, other cpus may be different) and will also not run on whatever
versions of windows dont export NtCurrentTeb from ntdll.dll (whatever they are)