[ros-kernel] problems with debugging a umode exception

Hartmut Birr hartmut.birr at gmx.de
Tue Jan 27 18:44:48 CET 2004

Hi,

if avifrate has a write protected IAT and your system trys to pageout a
page from the IAT, this page is reloaded with the original IAT from the
image. I've fixed this problem in my local source tree
(ntoskrnl\mm\section.c). I will commit the changes after some cleanup.

> (KERNEL32:process/create.c:380) BaseProcessStart: call exe
> start 4355dc
> Entered debugger on exception number 14.
>
> Entered kernel debugger (type "help" for a list of commands)

Can you print the faulting address (cr2) at this point?

- Hartmut