[ros-kernel] Re: Posix Subsystem for ReactOS - Project 2010

Martin Fuchs martin-fuchs at gmx.net
Wed Jan 28 10:14:01 CET 2004

> My Question was more like which API do they use?

They use Cygwin like Steven already said.
I guess they also have to use some bits of direct WIN32 SDK/DDK calls.

However I couldn't find any binaries to download.
These would show what they use.
There is only a 120 kB source archive at sourceforge.

> how many processes and so on..   OK that's what I read: 1

Good question.

What would also be interesting to me is in which way does coLinux
access the file system? Is the interface at the device level or at the
files system level? The first would allow to mount physical
[ext2/ext3/reiserfs/whatever...] partitions and image files (like that of
VMWare and Bochs). The second would allow to put install linux
programs directly into the WIN32 file system.

> And do linux programs do have to be recompiled? They consist of INTs
> which would require a kernel extension, don't they?

I hope linux programs don't have to be recompiled.
As they use the original Linux kernel there should only be the
neccecity to patch the kernel and perhaps some system processes
for the boot process.

Regards,

   Martin