ea at iol.it
Sun Jul 4 00:36:07 CEST 2004
Ge van Geldorp wrote:
>I want to implement proper logoff/shutdown/restart, i.e ExitWindowsEx()
>but I'm not sure exactly how it's supposed to work. This is what I think
Perhaps the path is more general:
1) KERNEL32.ExitWindows*() calls ADVAPI32.InitiateSystemShutdown*();
2) ADVAPI32.InitiateSystemShutdown*() issues a "InitiateSystemShutdown"
request to the SM (SMSS API # 1);
3) the SM propagates the shutdown request to every environment subsystem
it started since bootstrap time (still active ones, of course);
4) each environment subsystem, on shutdown request, releases every
resource it aquired during its life (processes, memory etc); the dies;
5) when every environment subsystem has gone to bed, the SM actually
initiates to shutdown the kernel and executive.
More information about the Ros-kernel