[ros-kernel] Font Rendering Issues

Alex Ionescu ionucu at videotron.ca
Sun Jul 11 20:52:44 CEST 2004

It's very clear that we have some major font rendering issues, which cause
mostly kerning and hinting to be messed up (example, VMWare Install Dialog
or Run Dialog)... however, it seems that anything that uses MS Sans Serif
(Start Menu, First-Install Setup) shows just fine.

Until we fix the rendering issues with other fonts (example MS Shell Dlg),
would it be a bad idea to have our graphics code to use MS Sans Serif at all
times (well mostly for MS Shell Dlg & co). This would make sure that the
fonts look watchable until a fix to the rendering is made. It's an ugly
patch sure...but it would make ROS more usable for now.

What do you all think?

Best regards,
Alex Ionescu