[ros-kernel] Re: Tainted code in User32?

Alex Ionescu ionucu at videotron.ca
Tue Jun 1 03:47:17 CEST 2004

We seem to be unsure and having different opinions about
 1) Is ROS a clone? An implementation? A derivative work?
 2) Are we infringing copyrighted work? Are we infringing patents?

As far as I'm aware, we are all "IANAL", and although our opinions may be
very reasonable and arguable, they remain opinions. I think it would be far
more productive to consult an IP lawyer, even if it ends up costing 100$
(I'd be willing to pay a share), and get what the law says about it. At
least we will have a definitive answer, something we can put up on our
website, and also something that will tell us what to expect in the future.
In my opinion, we are all programmers and we should be worrying about
coding, not IP law.

Best regards,
Alex Ionescu