[ros-kernel] Differences between ntdll and ntoskrnl Rtl functions

Hartmut Birr Hartmut.Birr at gmx.de
Tue Jun 1 17:16:07 CEST 2004

Hi,

I also doesn't like the sharing of source code within one library between
different components. I know I've started the code sharing with the string
library. The goal was, to put functions in this library which are used by
crtdll, msvcrt, ntdll and ntoskrnl and which don't have differences. If
there exist a difference between such functions like memory allocation
functions than they must be implemented in each component directly. I'm
strictly against libaries which contains 'user mode only code' and 'kernel
mode only code' like rosrtl. The new rtl library seems to go the same way.
In my opinion we should not start to implement the rtl library and we should
split the code from rosrtl in a user mode part and a kernel mode part.

- Hartmut