[ros-kernel] Mouse driver autodetection and installation

Eric Kohl eric.kohl at t-online.de
Mon Jun 7 15:15:03 CEST 2004

Hi all,

I implemented the automatic detection and installation of mouse drivers in
usetup. This means no user will need to modify or rebuild the registry
manually in order to enable the serial mouse driver if ReactOS is installed
from CD. Usetup provides new configuration pages for keyboard layout and
mouse type selection in order to enable the user to override the default
settings.

This requires a few changes to the generic system hive file hivesys.inf.
Until now, we enabled most drivers by default. Now, we need to disable
('Start' value is 0x00000004) all configurable drivers and usetup will
enable the selected driver only.

Users who install ReactOS by running 'make install' may need to modify the
new file 'bootdata/hiveinst.inf' which enables the configurable drivers.
Otherwise ReactOS will not load a mouse driver. The PS/2 mouse driver is
enabled by default.

Btw, does anyone know how to read the PnP-ID from PS/2 mice?

Regards,
Eric