[ros-kernel] Mouse driver autodetection and installation

Ge van Geldorp gvg at reactos.com
Mon Jun 7 17:49:57 CEST 2004

> From: Mike Nordell
>
> Eric Kohl wrote:
>
> > Btw, does anyone know how to read the PnP-ID from PS/2 mice?
>
> Not only PS/2, but seemingly serial mice too (watch the wrapping).
>
> (link to cvsweb.xfree86.org)

IANAL and thinking about licenses generally gives me a headache, but I
believe the current XFree86 license is not GPL compatible (there was a
lot of noise about the XFree86 license change). Maybe it would be better
to use the XOrg file (forked from XFree86 before the license change) as
a base:

http://pdx.freedesktop.org/cgi-bin/viewcvs.cgi/xorg/xc/programs/Xserver/
hw/xfree86/input/mouse/pnp.c

(beware of line wrap)