[ros-kernel] 0.2.3 release

Bernd Blaauw bblaauw at home.nl
Tue Jun 15 23:03:42 CEST 2004

Ge van Geldorp schreef:
> Does anyone have problems with the following schedule for the 0.2.3
> release:
>
> Wed 16 June feature freeze (+ RC1)
> Wed 23 June code freeze (+ RC2)
> Weekend 26/27 June release

ReactSoft.com 's ISO made from CVS shows impressive progress.
I'll be happy to see a new official version.
(but do check spelling: 'setings' instead of 'settings'.. (ROS CD setup)

this is thread hijacking, but:
*how to determine screen resolution (ROS says autodetect at the hardware
screen), but I can't verify (no "desktop properties" screen)
*how about moving cdrom top-level files (readm.txt and icon file) into a
   subdirectory to clean things up a bit

thanks for a long desired wish: selecting to boot from cdrom or not.
("press a key to boot from cdrom")

I'll look back in 2 weeks without hijacking any mail threads :)

Bernd