[ros-kernel] Re: [ros-cvs] CVS Update: reactos

Mike Nordell tamlin at algonet.se
Sat Jun 19 20:28:24 CEST 2004

Steven Edwards wrote:

> My request still stands. I would rather see a tool that can generate
> the makefiles rather than try and maintain 2 or even 3 sets in CVS.

I agree.

[snip]
> If we are going to try to support multiple compilers then we
> need to move to something like Ant or Cmake that is designed to emit
> makefiles for other compilers. As it stands now there is lots of dead
> wood in CVS and I dont want to see a bunch of out of sync makefiles for
> other platforms.

Again, I agree 100%. I've never seen the input files for any of the
mentioned tools, but if multiple toolchains are to be supported for building
ReactOS (a good thing in my mind) then indeed some higher level
description+tool that can spit out "makefiles" (in the loosest sense) will
be required.

/Mike