[ros-kernel] Re: [ros-cvs] CVS Update: reactos

Mike Nordell tamlin at algonet.se
Sun Jun 20 16:24:45 CEST 2004

Thomas Weidenmueller wrote:

> I removed the callback on purpose, the entire callback needs to be
> removed, instead sending WM_SETCURSOR messages needs to be done in more
> cases (e.g. after dispatching MOUSEBUTTONUP and KEYUP messages, after
> creating+destroying windows and in many more places).

Couldn't this be simplified by stating: Everytime the cursor needs to be
drawn, a WM_SETCURSOR needs to be performed first? If so, wouldn't this
simply be a matter of having one DrawCursor function (*), that when called
first looks up what window to ask, ask it, and draw the cursor? (I'm
intentionally not touching the issue of software-cursor handling, restoring
previous background and such)

(*) Not a name suggestion. Only to give a name to its purpose.

/Mike