[ros-kernel] SCSI success

Hartmut Birr Hartmut.Birr at gmx.de
Tue Jun 22 01:00:54 CEST 2004

Hi,

with the last changes to the disk driver stack, I'm able to get working six
different scsi controller with there WinNT 4.0 drivers:

- Adaptec - AHA2940UW
- Initio - A100U2W (based on initio 1060)
- Domex ? - DMX 3194 (based on initio 950)
- Tekram - DC-390F (based on symbios logic 875)
- Diamond Multimedia - fireport 40 (based on symbios logic 875)
- ??? - MAX875UW (based on symbios logic 875)

There was connected a disk, a cdrom drive and a cd burner to one or two of
this controllers. Working means, I've compiled ros on ros. Ros and the
compiler was located on the IDE disk and the ros source on the scsi disk.
I've also tested if ros can boot from the scsi disk. It is possible, but the
bios order of the disk's (ide, scsi) and the load order of the drivers must
be the same. It is also possible to install ros directly on the scsi disk,
if the setupldr does load the correct drivers in the correct order. I've
used a modified setupldr which loads the  drivers like atapi. It would be
nice, if the setup can use a driver disk for such a controller. While
testing sometimes ros has scrambled a partition on the scsi disk (not with
the current cvs), but only the partition which was directly accessed by ros
(booting or compiling). If anyone has a scsi system, he can test if ros does
work on it.

- Hartmut