[ros-kernel] kmode GDI advise needed

Royce Mitchell III royce3 at ev1.net
Tue Jun 22 01:51:56 CEST 2004

Hey guys,

Need a bit of advise.

We've got a guy in irc who wants to test mesa in reactos, and he's
running into an UNIMPLEMENTED. I've looked at the code....

file: subsys/win32k/objects/dib.c
line: 743
function: NtGdiGetDIBits()

the issue here that is UNIMPLEMENTED is the case where the source
HBITMAP object doesn't have an underlying DIBSECTION ( i.e. dib is null )

Now, as I'm looking at it, BITMAPOBJ has a BITMAP member called bitmap,
which of course has a member called bmBits.

I'm assuming that since there's no DIBSECTION, we must get our bitmap
data from this member.

I also assume from the other members of the BITMAP object that we have
everything we need to know about the format of those bits.

To make a long story short, I don't want to duplicate a *ton* of code
that already exists for what is basically a bitblt.

What would be the best way to reuse existing code to perform this blt
without having to make a copy of it?

Thanks,

Royce3